martedì 9 ottobre 2007

as "pleasant" as possible

Bob: [to David/Bud and Bill]] You are charged with descration of a public building and the intentional use of prohibited paint colors in violation of The Pleasantville Code of Conduct and "Laws of Common Decency." Do you admit that on the night of May 1 you did consciously and willfully apply the following FORBIDDEN paint colors to the North Wall of the Pleasantville Police Station: Red, Pink, Vermilion, Puce, Chartreuse, Umber, Blue, Aqua, Ox Blood, Green, Peach, Crimson, Yellow, Olive and Magenta?
David/Bud: Yes I do. Where's our lawyer?
Bob: We prefer to keep these proceedings as "pleasant" as possible. I don't think a lawyer will be necessary.
...
David/Bud: You don't have a right to do this. I mean, I know you want it to stay "Pleasant" around here, but, there are so many things that are so much better: like Silly... or Sexy... or Dangerous... or Wild... or Grief... And every one of those things is in you all the time if you just have the guts to look for them.
Bob: Okay -- that's enough!
David/Bud: I thought I was allowed to defend myself.
Bob: You're not allowed to lie.
David/Bud: I'm not lying. See those faces back there. They're no different than you are. They just happened to see something inside them that you don't want to look at.

Nessun commento: